For no special reason

Sunday, December 11, 2005

An Ode to my "F.R.I.E.N.D.S."

I have a lot to be thankful for… this year. The topmost... are my friends here. The ones who stood by me no matter what…the ones who cried with me and made me laugh. The ones who traveled far to be with me and some who didn’t need to do so to be there for me. The ones who called me and the ones I could call day or night. The ones when I asked for a shoulder to cry on, gave me their entire arm. The ones who in spite of leading busy lives, so easily fit me in theirs. This is a shout out to all you guys…you know who you all are. The ones who I know without, I couldn’t have made it this far. Just want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I love you all.

7 Comments:

Blogger aa said...

Friends are the best, aren't they? You can always tell who are true.

These are the ones you treasure and hold on to for dear life.

Happy that you found your treasure.

Oh, i hope you don't mind if I link to you.

12:20 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger chérie said...

The best thing about friendship is that you know you can always count on the other person and feel safe. There are no certain set of rules that define it – so you can pretty much be yourself and do your thing. My best friends are the ones I have had the longest. The oldest and dearest of ‘em all are M3 and Ms. Chen.
Hold on to your friends, second wind!
P.S. My prof just gave me a poinsettia plant now :) He's one of my newer buddies :)

12:54 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Fosix said...

damn, if only i had used up some of my free air-miles to come see you, i could have sooo made it to your list...
also, i would have totally given you my shoulder to cry on that day, but i was wearing my favourite cashmere sweater... hope you understand... :)

1:41 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger second_wind said...

@free spirit - the true ones are few but as you said something to treasure for life.
Thanks for adding my link :)

@VC - that is so true.
I saw one of the hugest Poinsiettas @ a friend's place yesterday...nice.

@fosix - why the assumption that you did not make the list??

9:48 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger chérie said...

Can't wait to see you in B'lore :)

11:25 AM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its nice to have friends around.. :) good friends are so rare..

3:32 AM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger second_wind said...

@ vc - me too :)

@ pallavi - they are ...

2:06 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home