For no special reason

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Change.........the only constant


I have just found something that I hate with renewed passion. Packing and moving. But it has been such a constant in my life. Started off when I 1st set sail from India to here in '98 . It must have been Rahu Kalam. There was a time bout 2 yrs back when I was sure that was the end of my moving. I had my entire life planned around that piece of land. But life had its own plans for me. Here I am moving for the 13th time in 8 years. Earlier my little Civic who has been my constant companion was my Mover. But of course human nature……the collection has increased over the years and so has my anxiety about moving. Each move has kinda marked a milestone, and the 128K miles on my car. But am hoping my new place is as good to me as my current one has been, not to mention that it is going to be my own. And as I am getting ready to let go of the fabulous Lake Michigan views from my apt and preparing to look onto tall buildings instead, I question the waves : Que sera sera…….

10 Comments:

Blogger Fosix said...

wow, you actually came here in a boat... how long did the voyage last ? a couple of days ?? a week ?? of course, that was back in '98... i'm sure that these days, with all the advances in maritime technology, the trip will get over much quicker.. :P :P
btw, those buildings in the picture above look vaguely familiar... :D

12:38 AM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger Trevor Penn said...

Is it as bad as moving 6 times in 3 different cities in less than an years time ???

Sometimes, change is for the good :)... Oh btw, Rahu kalam can be bribed...

5:25 AM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger chérie said...

wow, that's such a pretty view!

8:51 PM, May 29, 2006  
Blogger M3 said...

13th time in 8 years? Man, that's a lot of moving! I've moved 8 times since '99, and only the last move called for a moving truck. I remember my first move...from Y's place in MD, to a hole in the wall in VA. I didn't know anyone who had a car & was willing to help. Soooo, I lugged my huge suitcases... one per trip. I took 'em big boys on the bus to Baltimore downtown, then took 'em on the train to DC, and finally on the metro to VA! The real killer was the uphill climb to my apartment complex, about half a mile from the metro station. I had my trusty old walkman playing "Eye of the tiger" on repeat. That got the job done :-) Good luck!

6:05 PM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger chérie said...

I'm very happy for you second wind, I'm sure this new house will bring you much more happiness than the old house :)

11:34 AM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger Fosix said...

btw, just curious, is this Rahu Kalam friend of yours in any way related to APJ Abdul Kalam ? :D

6:48 PM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger second_wind said...

@ Fosix :it was a flying ship :P
@ Seashells : oh wow..that must be bad.
Let me know where to send the money?? :)
@chérie:I know..am goin to really miss that place...
@ M3 :makes me tired just thinking about you lugging stuff up and down. My move is finally done and am so relaxed now :)
@chérie:thanks cherie :)
@Fosix : well yah..hez a distant cousin..if you measure in light years :P

12:52 PM, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Trevor Penn said...

I'll send you my account details over a more secure connection :P

2:13 PM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger second_wind said...

@seashells : am waiting :D

11:10 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Pallavi said...

Change is exciting.. but yes as long as there is a base back.. change is fun.. I like to have a base somewhere where I can always get to my roots :)

4:33 AM, August 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home